Dear CMD Fertility Patients,
In an effort to continue to provide you and your family with the highest level of care throughout this difficult time, we have put together some steps that can be taken to strengthen your immunity, while also supporting your most vibrant reproductive health and fertility. We understand and sympathize with how hard it is to put your fertility treatments on hold, and we are committed to helping you to utilize this time in the best and most productive way. Our goal for this time is to ensure that you, your eggs, and sperm are at their healthiest, and in the best place to move forward as soon as we are able to resume treatments. We are following the latest ACOG and ASRM guidelines for fertility treatments and pregnancy:
I am available for new and existing patients through telemedicine for consults and treatment planning throughout this time. We have started using a health and wellness app called Well World that is free for patients and allows us to provide you with a personalized treatment plan covering nutrition, supplementation, exercise, sleep, and stress management. Once your treatment plan has been created, you can track your daily progress in all areas, follow a daily menu recommended according to your health history and goals, access shopping lists and recipes created by a nutritionist.. You can also contact us through the app if you have any questions regarding your treatment plan. This provides us another way to support your health and fertility goals as we plan for the next phase of your fertility treatments, while also boosting your overall health and immune system to keep you healthy and strong through this time. Everyone is welcome to participate, no matter where you are in your fertility journey. Even our pregnant and new mommies and partners are welcome! Please email email@example.com if you would like to join.
For those not interested in joining us on Well World, you are welcome to login simply to access your 20% discount, or you can still take advantage of a lesser discount directly at the link below. We’ve created a list of recommended supplements grouped by women’s fertility and men’s fertility according to phase of fertility treatment for those who want guidance on which supplements to take.
We’ve also created a support group for everyone waiting to begin fertility treatments as a way to stay connected to one another and provide some extra love and support during this time. Our first meeting will be on Zoom at 430 pm on Thursday April 30th. Please email me if you would like to join us.
Please note the office is currently closed except for urgent appointments. The office will reopen gradually as soon as it is safe to do so, and will operate according to the current CDC and American Society for Reproductive Medicine (ASRM) guidelines so that we can reduce the spread of the coronavirus.
Please reach out if we can do anything else to support you through this time. We want you to know how much we care, and that we are sending love and health to you and your loved ones.
With love, Dr. DeUgarte and the entire CMD Fertility staff
- First and foremost, please closely follow all CDC, as well as local and federal government guidelines for safety and prevention. Wear a mask anywhere you go.
- Disinfect cell phones regularly.
- Stay hydrated and practice additional protective daily hygiene. Sip on warm and hot water with lemon and herbal teas throughout the day. Gargle with warm salt water, use saline nasal rinses with distilled water, and clean outside of ears nightly (don’t go inside of ear canal).
- Diffuse Antimicrobial essential oil blends in the home. There are blends that are generally safe for kids. Please confirm with your pediatrician and/or OB whether safe for you and your family.
Generally safe for kids
- Take Chinese herbal medicine prescribed by your practitioner. Chinese herbs have played a role in positive treatment outcomes of this pandemic in China. According to a recent article, the Chinese government mandated that all patients with confirmed infection be treated with Traditional Chinese Medicine in addition to Western Medicine beginning in February. Traditional Chinese herbal formulas have demonstrated the potential to reduce fever and cough symptoms, limit disease progression, provide supportive treatment of pneumonia, and improve overall immunity. Contact your current acupuncturist or other support provider once you have notified and received care from your primary care physician if you or your loved ones become symptomatic, or are concerned about possible exposure to someone who is symptomatic.
- Consume a low- inflammatory, nutrient- dense whole food diet with an emphasis on a variety of organic fruits, vegetables, herbs and spices in addition to high quality protein and healthy fats. This provides the body with diverse vitamins, minerals, antioxidants, and phytonutrients that optimize fertility and strengthen the immune system. Ensuring that your immune system remains strong is one of the best steps that you can take to support your health and wellbeing during this time.
- Observe coronavirus food safety guidelines as an added precaution. The coronavirus is spread primarily through the respiratory system and, while limited, there is currently no data indicating that it has been spread through contaminated food. This article provides helpful and comprehensive information.
- Get fresh air whenever safe to do so. Ensure that you maintain appropriate physical distancing and preventative measures even when outdoors. It’s a good practice to change clothes upon returning home. Air purifiers and clean household products help to keep the air clean inside the home..
- Use this time to prepare your body for fertility treatments and pregnancy by being consistent with your supplementation and self-care, such as managing stress and getting restorative sleep. The added benefit is that you will be strengthening your immune system at the same time! If you are pregnant or nursing, please ensure that you are only supplementing with immune boosting compounds that are demonstrated by research to be safe. Please do not take up smoking cigarettes or marijuana. Occasional alcohol drinks, such as quarantinis are ok but please no more that 2 drinks per week.
- Stay connected to your loved ones. Research demonstrates that a sense of community and strong social support is beneficial for fertility and the immune system. The most important thing that we can do for ourselves and our communities at this time is to foster these feelings in ways that are safe.
And most of all, Spread love, it’s also contagious <3